Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Fun Musical Story Lesson




Kindergartens love to hear the story of the Gingerbread Man. This is a great time of year to get your kids singing with you as you tell the story of the Gingerbread Man.  They can sing "run, run as fast as you can, you can't catch me I'm the Gingerbread Man" as you present the story to them.

After the story, I place these pictures on the board for my kindergarten to play the rhythms of the pictures on the drums. They are really good at playing picture words now with 3 and 4 sound syllables.
 My classes love musical stories and can't wait to sing along with them.  I would love to hear from everyone about other activities they like to do with this story or other musical stories.
(For more exciting lessons and fun things to do with your class, be sure to Sign up by email on my side bar to claim your monthly freebie, teacher tips & tricks).


No comments: